Saturday, April 17, 2010

Bright and Early: Apartment Eye-Spy

Good morning!  Welcome welcome, come on in.  Glad you stopped by!  Oh I see you have your cup of tea [coffee, smoothie, juice, water] in hand.  I think I'll join you...just one moment while I put on the pot...
Ah, that's better.  Sigh.  

So you were curious about my Eye-Spy, eh?  Well, go on, take another quick look-see.

Here's what I saw yesterday in Apartment Eye-Spy:

 



...

Here's a tiny hint:  you've actually seen all of these things before.  

Guessed, yet?  Still stumped, perhaps?  Ok, now step back with me, have a better look, and find out...


Remember this picture? 
(Please forgive the recycled images)  
Check out that headboard...

Yep, that's it!  That's the first thing I spied yesterday - our home-made headboard.  
I bought a long bamboo shade at a yard-sale a year or so back - some of the slats were broken and the thin string weaving it together had come very loose in many places.  I discarded the broken bits, lovingly hand-weaved it back to life, all in the name of craft, then cut it up into shorter pieces to use for various projects.  This was one of them (and here's another one).  It's just nailed to the wall in its four corners.  As our bed [mattress] doesn't have a frame and is just sitting directly on the hardwood floor, it needed a little something to 'anchor' it into the space and make it feel less like we were temporarily camping out in our bedroom.
Someday soon, when we upgrade our family bed to a King-size from this Full, the makeshift head-board won't fit anymore, and will be transformed to something new.  Who knows what it will be used for then?    

::

Ok, recall this photo?  
Look in the corner...that star garland!  
Though it's gathered much dust over the years, and has been chewed on by Yuki Baby when she's felt mischievous, I'm not ready to take down this hand-made string of stars that I bought while in college at a fair-trade world-crafts  shop.  It's been with me through many moves and many life changes: living in dorm rooms while I was a socialite sorority girl (a strange, out of place period in my life, to say the least); student apartments when I was an angsty, introverted writer/artist;  a post-college party house when I was a risk-taker and wild-child; and currently in my sweet, blissful, sanctuary, first family home with my Love Austin.

::

Ok, now the last thing I spied can be seen, in a different light and in a different way, in one of the other photos of this post.  Let's 'draw open the curtains' so to speak and shed some more light on it...oops, the answer slipped out.
Curtains! 
Here's an old, dark photo of the bedroom, featuring the sheer curtains.  We've changed things about a bit since then, but as it's a gray day today, hubby's sleeping in, and this place is currently needing a tidy-up, I think this photo will have to suffice.  I just love these curtains.  They're cheaply made, from a 'big-box' store, and in need of a little hemming so they won't sweep along the floor as much, but they came at a great price to fit the budget and from afar they're simply dreamy and wispy!  They're too sheer for us to open the blinds and let more light in, as we have no privacy from that window, but we don't hang out in the bedroom anyhow, so it works out.         
   
...

Thanks for visiting with me, I enjoyed the good company and conversation!  It was nice sharing my home with you!  Have a great weekend!          

0 comments:

Post a Comment