Saturday, April 17, 2010

Here Comes the Sun

My husband and I took a trip to visit my family in Tucson, AZ the first week of April.  The last time I saw them all was Christmas in 2007, and that was also the first time I introduced them to Austin, who at the time was my soon-to-be fiancé.  It was a short visit then of just a few days, and this time around, the trip was only five days long, so there was a lot of catching up, hanging out, and showing Austin the sights of the desert.  
Having grown up in the desert, I've gotten rather jaded about all that dry, dusty brown-ness and the hot, searing sunshine...but several years away and lots of time spent in the damp, gray northwest has helped me to appreciate it and given me a new perspective on it all.        


Here are a few photos I wanted to share from when my dad took us to the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum:
  


2 comments:

  1. Whoa. That second photo gave me chills.

    Had we gone to the Conciousness Conference this year (the same conference where Ron and I met in 2008), we would have been in Tucson the same week that you and Austin were there. Of course, you would have been busy, and of course, we didn't actually go... but in another reality somewhere, I imagine that we all got together for a beer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jen

    I'm sure my alt-reality self made time to hang out and thoroughly enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete