Saturday, March 20, 2010

A Few of my Favorite Things

Here's what I spied in... Apartment Eye-Spy

...

New bamboo cutting boards! Our old one was a bit larger and we couldn't find a suitable place to store it besides directly on the counter. Because it sat out constantly, it wasn't taken care of properly (I've since gotten into better habits) and it began to crack as well as get this yucky waterlogged smell. These new ones get a quick wipe off or rinse, a dry, then they are hung up; once a week I lovingly oil them.
::


Our wall of love. Sweet little notes, drawings, photos, and mementos, hung above our bed so we can be reminded of them often. I feel such an overwhelming sense of joy and peace when I re-read and re-visit all these wonderful memories my husband and I share.

::


Vintage oil lamp that belonged to my grandparents on my father's side. It hung in their home for as long as I can remember until my Poppop passed away and my Nanny had to move into an assisted living home. I remember days when I would visit them as just a little one, five or six years old, begging Poppop to "make it rain" in the lamp. It was so magical to me. Sadly, it no longer works and I had to gut the inner-workings when it needed a major cleaning a few years back. But it will always be special for me, and it makes for unique focal point in our bathroom.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing a sneak peak...I love the idea of the string with photos and notes...a great way to change things out easily.
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete